Friday, September 18, 2015

Quote of the Week

So I've been thinking on this one a bit and I've decided I want to start a "Quote of the Week" entry. I love quotes and love to share them and what they mean to me. If anyone has any suggestions or quotes they'd like to see feel free to let me know. :)



When I first read this quote I wasn't quite sure how to take it. I liked it, but I was almost in a disagreeance with it. But when I re-read it I realized how important it is to realize the difference. My dad used to tell me that I "go to church for the Gospel, not for the people." And I never really thought about it much until I got older. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so much more than a building or a group of people, its trying to be like Him, learning about His teachings, repenting, applying the full meaning of the atonement into our lives so we can receive the fulness of joy He's always wanted for us. The church is just he accompany us on the journey in His Gospel. Its a group of people to help us, people that we can rely on and be friends with. People who understand our wants, hopes and struggles, even if they don't always agree with us.

My husband is really good about going to church all the time, but his heart is not always in the Gospel. Just like, when I was in high school, I would go to church but my heart was never in the Gospel the way it should have been. When we live life like that it makes it hard for us to hear and respond to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Putting on appearances for appearances sake does nothing for us besides "fool" others. I pray that we all will strive to live the Gospel and use the church for the purpose it was given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment